Bodywork Policies During COVID-19
During this challenging time, I ask for your patience while we navigate how to best move forward with bodywork in a safe and effective way. I am following guidelines put forth by the CDC and in communication with other professionals in the industry about how to best move forward and open safely. Protocols and policy may change and be updated regularly so please be patient, stay informed and don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any requests or questions.
What to expect during your visit to Mala Room
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. You are welcome to come in at your designated time as Mala Room has no waiting room, and your therapist will be the only other person in the studio.
- Please arrive at your appointment wearing a mask. This is non-negotiable, thank you for your understanding. If you do not have a mask of your own you will be given a disposable one.
- When you arrive you will have your temperature checked at the door. If your temperature is above 100.4 your appointment will be rescheduled.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands immediately upon arrival.
- If this is your first visit to Mala Room you will be asked to fill out a health questionnaire as well as a COVID-19 liability waiver.
All questions must be answered “no” for the two weeks prior to your appointment. Your honesty is deeply appreciated.
- Have you traveled out of state?
- Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms (including chills, muscle ache, dry cough, sore throat or shortness of breath)?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above?
- Have you recently lost your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you seen any new marks, rashes, spots, or lesions on your skin, or swelling or redness in any body parts?
- Are you unable to easily raise your heart rate through exercise or exertion?
- Have you had any contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has these symptoms.
Additional Policies and information related to COVID-19 and bodywork
- Due to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and the impossibility of physical distancing with massage therapy, it is not recommended to receive treatment at this time if you are in any of the high risk groups designated by the CDC for severe illness with COVID-19: those over the age of 65, those with diabetes, respiratory, heart, liver or kidney conditions, those who are severely obese, and those with compromised immune systems.
- Although I will do everything I can to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, ultimately you need to make your own educated choice about when to receive treatment. Before your treatment please sign a COVID-19 liability waiver that will be provided to you before your treatment or at the time of your appointment.
- Face coverings will be required. Although it may be possible to do our check-in on the phone, outside or with more than 6 feet between us, and some bodywork positions (like prone) may result in the removal of masks this will be on a case by case basis and dependent on comfort level of both parties.
- Cancellation fees will be waived at this time for all illness or exposure related reasons. If you develop symptoms before your appointment or if you are exposed to someone who develops symptoms, please reschedule. I will likewise cancel appointments for these reasons, if necessary.
Additional steps in safety protocols at Mala Room
- All touched surfaces will be sanitized and disinfected between each client visit.
- Additional time will be allotted between clients to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfection.
- Air flow and ventilation will be improved with the use of fans and opening the door whenever possible.
- All bodywork and massage surfaces will be encased in protective coverings that will be disinfected between each treatment (in addition to fresh sheets, pillowcases and blankets).
- Your massage therapist will be wearing a mask face covering during your entire treatment.
- If your massage therapist is feeling unwell in any way or experiencing any flu-like symptoms, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- If you’d like additional information regarding all cleaning protocols please don’t hesitate to ask. Safety is the goal.